Feb. 26 The appointment line 785-239-3627 is currently down. Please use 1-888-239-3627 to call for an appointment.

TRICARE Outage Impact to Pharmacies

A reported cyberattack on the nation’s largest commercial prescription processor, Change Healthcare, has affected military clinics and hospitals worldwide. On Feb. 21, Change Healthcare disconnected their systems to protect patient information. This is impacting all military pharmacies worldwide and some retail pharmacies nationally.
Fort Riley pharmacies are currently filling outpatient prescriptions manually until this issue is resolved. Pharmacy will give priority to urgent prescriptions followed by routine prescriptions. Please be patient as it will take longer than usual to safely fill prescriptions.
Active Duty Service Members are encouraged to go to Farrelly Health Clinic pharmacy for urgent prescription needs.
For more information, visit the TRICARE Patient Portal Outages page..

Patient Resources


Active Duty

Active Duty Outpatient

The Soldier‘s unit DTS representative is responsible for initiating, funding and processing orders for outpatient specialty appointments outside of IACH. Before traveling to a specialty care appointment, Active Duty outpatients must provide a TRICARE authorization for specialty care to the Patient Travel Office.The Patient Travel Office will provide a travel authorization memorandum to the Active Duty outpatient. The memo is to be presented to the Soldier's S-3 or PAC responsible for producing TDY orders per the unit's SOP.

Upon completion of travel, patients must present:

  • Confirmation of Specialty Care Form. Patients can also present a signed letter from the treating facility indicating the appointment was kept. The letter must include office letterhead with address, phone number, and signature block.
  • TRICARE Authorization for Specialty Care
  • Itemized receipts from authorized expenses. Receipts must be in the patient's name for reimbursement.

For each 400 miles, patients are authorized one travel day.

All Active Duty outpatient travel is administered by the Soldier’s unit and local policies will determine distance allowed, NMA procedures, and SOP for reimbursement.

Active Duty Inpatient

Active Duty inpatients referred for specialty appointments outside of IACH must provide a TRICARE authorization to the Patient Travel Office to receive a pre-travel authorization memorandum.

The memo is to be presented to the Soldier's S-3 or PAC responsible for producing TDY orders per the unit's SOP.  The Soldier‘s unit DTS representative is responsible for initiating and processing DTS orders for inpatient appointments.

The unit should contact IACH’s Financial Defense Travel Administrator at the Resource Management Division to obtain the funding classification for DTS. For AD Soldiers, meals provided during an inpatient stay are covered by TRICARE. IACH will reimburse Active Duty patients only for meals en route to/from the TDY destination.

Upon completion of travel, patients must present:

  • Discharge documentation with date/time of admission and disposition
  • Itemized receipts with the patient’s name (or individual claiming reimbursement)

Active Duty Non Medical Attendant (NMA)

When a Non Medical Attendant is assigned to accompany another Soldier, the NMA must report before traveling to the Patient Travel Office to receive travel authorization. Active Duty Soldier assigned as NMAs will obtain receipts in the NMA's name for reimbursement.

If a rental vehicle is authorized, only the rate of a compact-size rental will be reimbursed after completing travel. Shared expenses can only be claimed by one traveler.

For more information on NMA procedures click Non-Medical Attendant.

Active Duty


Third floor, Room 3G002, in the four- elevator lobby area.
650 Huebner Road, Fort Riley


(785) 239-7176


Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Closed on federal holidays and select training holidays.

Quick Links for Travel Authorizations


Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.