Patient Resources


Travel Documents

Required Documents Before Travel

  • TRICARE Authorization for Specialty Care appointment
  • Appointment confirmation from treating facility
  • If a non-medical attendant (NMA) is required, a signed letter from referring physician (initial appointment only) stating the medical necessity for a NMA. For all follow up appointments, a validation letter stating a continued medical necessity requesting a NMA is required from the treating physician.

Patient Travel Office Issues Authorizations

  • Memorandum for travel to and from treating facility
  • Non medical attendant, if determined a medical necessity by referring physician
  • Rental vehicle, if necessary
  • Counseling Checklist – Will receive from patient travel clerk when receiving authorization memos. (Document will be uploaded in Defense Travel System when submitting voucher).

Required Documents After Travel

  • Confirmation of Specialty Care Form or an appointment validation letter from the treating facility signed by a provider/facility representative indicating the appointment was kept (must include office letterhead with address, phone number, and signature block).
  • Paid itemized meals receipts
  • Paid toll receipts
  • Paid itemized lodging receipts. Lodging receipts must be in patient’s name to be reimbursed. Should a NMA travel with patient, paid itemized lodging receipts must be in NMA’s name. All shared expenses can only be claimed by one traveler.
  • Paid itemized receipt of pre-authorized rental vehicle. Only compact-sized vehicle is reimbursable.


Completed forms must be sent to the Travel network email address here, or presented to Patient Travel Office for processing.

Informational Links

Travel Documents


Third floor, Room 3G002, in the four- elevator lobby area.
650 Huebner Road, Fort Riley


(785) 239-7176


Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Closed on federal holidays and select training holidays.

Quick Links for Travel Authorizations


Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.