Requests for medical records require a completed and digitally signed DD Form 2870 Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information. Requests may take up to 30 business days to process from the date they are received.
Request Records from IACH
There are three methods of receiving your medical records: Select one method in block 8 of DD Form 2870: Pick Up, Mail or E-Mail.
- Step 1.Pick Up: The records will be placed on a CD and we will contact you by phone when they are ready for Pick Up. Complete block 6c.
- If form is hand signed, you must include a copy of your ID or form must be notarized.
- If form is signed with a Common Access Card (CAC) digital signature, no ID or notarization is required.
- Step 2. Mail: The records will be placed on a CD and will be mailed to address noted in block 6b.
- Step 3.E-mail: The records will be uploaded via secure portal, DOD Safe. You will receive an automatic notification from DOD Safe with a link, passcode and passphrase in the body of the e-mail. You will have seven (7) days to retrieve your records. If you are past the seven (7) days, the link will expire and you will need to resubmit a new request. Complete block 8 and note your e-mail address.
Request Records from an Outside Facility
Your release form will be faxed to the requested facility. We do not know how long it will take to receive records from outside facilities. Once we receive your medical records they will be uploaded to your electronic file.
Request Records for Children
Parents or legal guardians may request their children, 17 years and younger, medical records. Step parents cannot request records even if they are the sponsor. The biological parent or legal guardian has to sign for children 17 years and younger.
Order Kansas State Birth Certificates
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment Office of Vital Statistics has five methods available for making a request for a birth certificate: regular mail, priority mail, telephone, internet, and walk-in customer service. Each certified birth certificate costs $15. Detailed instructions are available below.
KDHE Office of Vital Statistics
1000 SW Jackson, Ste. 120
Topeka, KS 66612
- Regular Mail: Send request by regular mail. Payment made by check or money order. Processing time is dependent upon current request volume. Allow 5-10 business days.
- Priority Mail: Send by any type of priority mail service. Payment made by check or money order. Allow 3-5 business days after receipt of request.
- Telephone: Call (877) 305-8315 anytime. Payment made by credit card. Spanish interpreters available. Additional $12.50 expedited service fee. Allow 3-5 business days after receipt of request.
- Internet: Access www.vitalcheck.com anytime. Payment made by credit card. Additional $12.50 expedited service fee. Allow 3-5 business days after receipt of request.
- Walk-In: The Office of Vital Statistics is open 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on weekdays. Payment made by cash, check, money order or credit card. Allow 15-20 minutes provided there is no difficulty locating the record.