American Red Cross
Our mission is to provide humanitarian support to service members, veterans and their families around the clock, around the globe, under the same trusted symbol.
Services provided include the following:
Thank you for your interest in serving your neighbors. The American Red Cross relies on volunteers to help us with our mission of relieving human suffering by preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies. The American Red Cross, serving Kansas processes all volunteer applications and conducts volunteer training throughout the state.
Follow these steps to become registered:
Youth Volunteers 17 or Under
- Create your Red Cross single-sign on ID
- Fill out your Volunteer Connection profile
- At "Select Chapter," select American Red Cross of Capital Area Kansas
- Check your email inbox to ACTIVATE your account
- Complete the step by step process to update your profile
- You will be assigned an intake path with several steps you must accomplish before proceeding. In the tab titles "Review and Indicate Opportunities of Interest," click all that apply including Kansas Capital Area - Topeka and Surrounding Counties - Including Fort Riley. Then on the next screen click on "Service to the Armed Forces Volunteer."
- Make sure you click on any blue text and follow all directions
- Then finally submit your background check (free of charge)
- Complete the online orientation to the American Red Cross
- Then schedule your on-boarding with SAF Team Leader
Congratulations and welcome: You're an official American Red Cross Volunteer