IACH Updates for Nov. 5
IACH Updates for Nov. 5. For more information, please contact the indicated point of contact.
1. Primary Care at Irwin Army Community Hospital is consolidating from five to three medical homes starting Nov. 7 as part of an ongoing effort to provide optimal healthcare to our beneficiaries. Please consult with the list below to locate your PCM’s medical home. POC is CLINOPS.
• Medical Home 1
• Medical Home 2
• Medical Home 3
2. All Fort Riley pharmacies will be closed Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day. On Nov. 12 IACH Pharmacy hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Farrelly Health Clinic Pharmacy will be closed. POC is Pharmacy.
3. The IACH appointment line hours of operation will change from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. starting Nov. 15. The first Tuesday of each month, the appointment line hours are 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in observance of Victory Wellness training. The appointment line is closed during weekends and federal holidays. POC is CLINOPS.
4. Dental services at Whitside Dental Clinic Bldg. 602 Huebner Road will temporarily relocate to 1st Division Dental Clinic Bldg. 4010, 1st Division Rd., Nov. 11 – 28. Servicemembers with appointments will be instructed to report to 1st Division Dental Clinic. Dental sick call patients will also be seen at 1st Division Dental Clinic. Units who belong to Whitside Dental Clinic can call (785) 239-1765 or 239-4174 to schedule an appointment. POC is DENTAC.
5. IACH and Public Health are holding a flu vaccine clinic 17 NOV and 15 DEC, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Colyer Forsyth Community Center, 22900 Hitching Post Rd., Fort Riley. All DOD ID cardholders ages 6 months+ are eligible. High-dose flu vaccine for ages 65+ will be available. Soldiers assigned to the 1st Infantry Division are encouraged to consult with their respective units for flu vaccine availability and accountability. POC is Public Health.
6. The Great American Smokeout is Nov. 18. No matter how long you’ve been smoking, quitting improves your health immediately and over the long term. Call the IACH Dept. of Public Health to schedule a smoking cessation appointment at (785) 239-7323. POC is Public Health.
7. The IACH Department of Ministry & Pastoral Care is hosting a holiday tree lighting ceremony Dec. 9, 3 p.m. at the hospital main entrance lobby. Join us for a holiday concert, tree lighting, wreath exhibition, and Operation North Pole. For more information, call (785) 239-7871 or 239-7872. POC is IACH Chaplain.
8. For individuals who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine primary two-dose series, the following groups are eligible for a single COVID-19 booster shot six or more months after the initial series:
• 65 years and older
• 18 years and older with underlying medical conditions
• 18 years and older who live in long-term care settings
• Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings such as healthcare workers, firefighters, police, educators, daycare workers, public transit workers, grocery store workers, etc.
• Additional information may be found at https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/essential-workers-boosters.html
For individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine primary dose, a single COVID-19 vaccine booster dose is recommended for those age 18+, two or more months after the initial dose.
Administration of a booster to indicated populations is provided only at Irwin Army Community Hospital. To schedule a booster appointment, visit the Patient Portal at https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil or call (785) 239-DOCS or 239-3627.