IACH Updates January 19th
1. IACH hosted an accreditation award ceremony today showcasing those who were instrumental in achieving The Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission. Due to limited capacity, all are encouraged to view the livestream on IACH’s Facebook page. The Gold Seal of Approval is an internationally recognized symbol that accredits a facility as meeting rigorous performance standards in delivering quality, safe care.
2. The Fort Riley Department of Public Health is hosting a pediatric COVID-19 vaccine clinic for 5 – 11 year old beneficiaries Jan. 20, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m., at the Riley Community Center, 446 Seitz Dr., Fort Riley. No appointments required.
3. Get free at home COVID-19 tests. The United States government launched a website to facilitate the ordering of four free at-home COVID-19 tests. Visit the site to order your tests now so you have them when you need them. https://www.covidtests.gov/
4. If you have mild symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not go to the Emergency Department for testing. IACH is providing a COVID-19 rapid self-test Monday – Friday, 9 – 11 a.m., (closed training and federal holidays) in the parking structure for symptomatic beneficiaries who receive care at the hospital. If you would like an evaluation in addition to the rapid self-test or are in a high risk category (but have mild symptoms not warranting a visit to the Emergency Department) and would like to discuss your results, call (785) 239-DOCS for an appointment or telephone consult with your PCM.
5. Breathing as a Superpower. Pain, stress, or anxiety trigger the "fight or flight" response which affects breathing patterns often without your awareness. CPT Sara Davis, an IACH occupational therapist, describes controlled breathing techniques to activate the vagus nerve system and decrease the fight or flight response in our body. Facebook link… https://youtu.be/xcq4N8CQBck YouTube link…https://fb.watch/aDVbjsqzYq/